Dualism - two contrasted aspects, two distinct facets...each failing to exist without the other, makes me wonder its application in making decisions. If you really think about it, taking decisions is actually about making a choice between the right and the wrong, the good and the bad, the pure and the adulterated...but these choices themselves are so subjective that they are inferred differently by different people!
The point is that human biases lead to the dualism.
Dualism in Decisions can also be thought of as a conflict between 2 forces... forces trying to accomplish their own set of goals under their own set of conditions... You & me could simply become a medium !! A child's force wanting to have a candy is not wrong, the child is just attracted towards the known unknown but the mother's force, being aware and concerned about numerable issues, may take the decision in favor of the known known. Every little thing that happens around us is a combination of decisions made by you and decisions made by people around you. The child wanted the candy because the child was taken to a place where the candy was available.
At this point, I would like to challenge your ego. You are who you are mostly because of people around you and not because of yourself. You just made a choice. You could never become something you never saw, you never experienced, you never knew, you never talked about, you never read... I became an Engineer because, of all the things I was exposed to, I chose Engineering. I made a choice. For some of you, your parents made the choice for you. What would you like to become today? Most of you have a choice, but do you have guts to make an unbiased decision? Do you still find yourself in dualism? I do.
Let me tell you how I would want to end this writing.
Dualism exists everywhere, it can never be destroyed. The less biased you are, the better decision you make. I wish we all could live in Eutopia! Nevertheless, lets try to make a better world for ourselves. Lets bring clarity of thought :)
Google could become a good friend in this journey !
-
skalfaaz
For all muddy problems in life, there is only one solution. This solution will be taken by the individual based on what he wants and it can eventually be only in one direction. Only after the decision is made,time will provide the results and this will be accepted by him/her if he had a clear mind while choosing this path else it will be a vicious circle of everlasting confusion.
ReplyDelete