Monday, February 4, 2013

Above Average but Below Excellent



If you are living in India, you will find a lot of examples around you which fall in this category. It is probably true for all the places in the world. This topic interests me particularly as it resonates with almost all of us in some manner. Most of you will agree.
I can also safely mention the above because YOU are reading this blog :) If you know what I mean!

There are 3 types of people in this world which get most popular: 'The Excellent', 'The Worst' & 'The Average'. While everyone talks about 'The Worst' but generally, below average doesn't matter to people today. Average will be in a safe position as most people associate themselves with this. 'The Excellent' obviously enjoys the most luxuries (fair enough!).
But the most interesting is the position of people belonging to the 'Above Average but Below Excellent' category. Oh! Did you say that you belong to this category? Let’s see if by the end of this blog you still think the same way :) 

In my view, these types of people are the most deprived of everything but disappointment. The expectations are more every time and the results are almost always above average yet disappointing. Oh Yaara, I could have got the best college if I had done just 1 more question right in the examination! Oh Yaara, I could have won the first place if I had done just this much more homework! Oh Yaara, this pretty girl would have been mine if that su**er (read: good looking talented guy) would not have been in the way!

If you get 'Very Good' in an assignment, your Dad will ask you to do better! You don't get promotion even when you are above the rest but below just one! This doesn't seem to end...

I call these type of people (borrowed) the best losers!! The worst part of this best part is that it comes naturally to these people after sometime. So what do you think? Should they not expect too much or should they try harder? May be they are already trying hard! May be it is good to expect more! Well, I should not start another topic. This is just a food for thought for all the 1% readers who reached till this line :)

See ya next time! 

-
skalfaaz

No comments:

Post a Comment